Page Nav

HIDE

Grid

Grid

GRID_STYLE

Hover Effects

TRUE

Gradient Skin

Recommended

latest

9 Ways To Stop Corruption

By Junaid Tahir: What is Corruption:   Corruption is the phenomenon of moral or economical deviation from the ideal. Corruption is...



By Junaid Tahir:


What is Corruption:

 

Corruption is the phenomenon of moral or economical deviation from the ideal. Corruption is a world-wide social disease that has spread like jungle fire impacting millions of lives directly or indirectly.

What are different Types of Corruption:

 

below are some of the categories of corruption:
  • Financial Corruption: Monetory frauds in terms of money, land, tax or any other financial domains. Giving favors and accepting bribe etc. 
  • Relationship Corruption: Unfair treatment, depriving someone from their rights, backbiting etc.
  • Self Corruption: Short cuts in life, negative deeds etc.
  • Character Corruption: Defaming someone, back biting, gossips etc.
  • Atmospheric Corruption: Throwing garbage in streets, driving non-serviced cars and causing air pollution.
  • Social Corruption: Traffic signals violation, queue breaking and so on. 




How to eradicate / reduce corruption:


  1. Assurance of Law and order.
  2. Equal Treatment of all human beings at all level.
  3. Proper Control of documents, records and processes to have solid grip on activities at all levels.
  4. Timely self or external audits and investigations in all domains of life (personal, religious and business).
  5. Public Punishments to set the tone for society.
  6. Keeping clarity and transparency at all levels starting from the formulation of the programs / projects / schemes / welfare measures / mechanism with the full participation of all the stakeholders.
  7. Active role of anti-corruption and accountability squads. 
  8. Assurance of justice. (It is said, Justice delayed is Justice denied).
  9. Assurance of Legal restrictions and regulations implementation by law enforcement agencies




Self-Assemssment: Am I corrupt?

 

Let us answer these quesions honestly:
  1. Do I reach office later? 
  2. Or leave office early? 
  3. Do I use facilities provided by office for my personal use (for which office does not know)? 
  4. Do I break the queue at any public place? 
  5. Do I violate traffic signal? 
  6. Do I throw the garbage other than the designated areas? 
  7. Do I pay the tax/zakat honestly?

If answer to any of these question is Yes, then yes i have corrpution in my roots.

Always remember, If I am violating any law by any means then I am promoting the disease of corruption. For example, if I violate the red signal on the road or violate the queue at any public place then a lot of people observing me will tend to do this whenever and wherever they get a chance. So, in the long run, I am equally responsible for the bad deeds done by others.



My Self Oath to Stop Corruption: 


  1. I shall stop whoever I observe doing corruption. I shall not only complain when corruption is done against me, but I shall speak up all the times regardless who is the subject and object of the corruption.
  2. I shall teach my friends and family members (including kids) about bad consequences of corruption.
  3. I will not give money to anyone for fast service for getting things done quickly in any illegial way.
  4. I shall not violate any law regardless of I am being watched or not. I won't do any illegal and illogical act.I shall always be on the right side of the law.


Conclusion:

 

We can not control Corrpution unless and until each one of us perform our responsibilities inline with Law and Order regulations. Further, Education and awareness is required very much to control corruption becuase we know that education and awareness are the major factors which control our thought process. 

Controlling corruption is the need of the hour in order to make the planet a peaceful place to live in.

This article was written by Junaid Tahir and published on dailytenminutes in Jan2012