Page Nav

HIDE

Grid

Grid

GRID_STYLE

Hover Effects

TRUE

Gradient Skin

Recommended

latest

How to respond in tragic moments

By Junaid Tahir Life is a superb gift of God which is a mixture of pleasing, colorful, cheerful, but sometimes sad and tragic momen...




By Junaid Tahir
Life is a superb gift of God which is a mixture of pleasing, colorful, cheerful, but sometimes sad and tragic moments. Several people complain that life is not a piece of cake but let me respond that it is our attitude which defines the degree of our happiness in our lives. This is not my personal feedback rather there is a known fact that 20% of life is what happens to us and 80% of life is how we react back. Did you get the idea? No? let us understand it more.

Assume, you woke up in the morning and found out that you forgot to purchase the tooth paste yesterday. What now? You have two options:
1-    Start blaming yourself, turning yourself into bad mood, quarreling with your wife or kids and later with colleagues, consequently ruining your whole day because of the tooth paste event OR
2-   Ignoring this issue and move on with your day as a normal one. (you can either chew a mint bubble or just rinsing with mouth wash or simply follow 'the wow approach' to freshen up) http://paradigmwisdom.blogspot.com/2011/06/wow-approach.html

Off course, option-2 is more beneficial to you. And by the way, if you adopt option-1 and face all the bad things, you are not going to resolve this issue UNTIL you go to the market and purchase a new tooth paste. So would it be wise to consider option-1? Off course not!
Well, I have given a very basic example for elaboration but trust me you can set the same attitude to address even complex problems in your life by not letting any events or people steal your peace of mind. Remember, no one is in charge of your happiness EXCEPT you!

And to be honest with you, I had a tragic day today because I lost some thousand dollars and trust me I am pretty much relaxed. I shall do what needs to be done to get the money back. And if I don't get it back, I am fine with that as well BUT I have made sure that my emotions remain under control so that my personal and family life is not impacted due to any possible reactive approach. J